General Knowledge about famous rivers of World
• Third world comprises of 70% of world population.
• Hamun Mashkel Lake (Baluchistan) is salt water lake.
• Most important crop of Nile delta is Cotton.
• Pak: is 4th among world’s largest cotton producers.
• A famous natural bridge is located in Virginia.
• Eskimos live in North America.
• Iberian Peninsula is a part of Europe.
• The number of CARS is five.
• Height of Islamabad is 2000 ft: above sea level.
• The Devil Tower present in US is a volcano.
• Hudson Bay is largest bay and is in Northern Canada.
• Largest gulf is Gulf of Mexico.
• Grand Canal is oldest man made canal for shipping purpose in China.
• Shark bay is in Western Australia.
• English Channel separates England from France.
• Gulf of Sidra is in Libya.
• Red river is in USA.
• Gulf of lion is in France.
• Churchill water fall is in Canada.
• Danube River is in Romania (Europe). It pours into Black sea.
• The Volga is Europe longest river what is the second longest Danube
• Volga River is in Russia.
• What is the only river that flows both north and south of equator – The Congo
• New Zealand is situated in the region of Oceania.
• Oxus River (also called Amu Darya) is flowing between Afghanistan and Tajikistan. It is the largest river of central Asia.
• Bari Doab is the area lying between River Ravi and River Beas.
• SURMA is the name of a river.
• Windermere Lake is the largest lake of UK.
• What is France’s longest river: Loire
• Hundroo (Hundrubagh) Water Falls are in India.
• An iceberg floating in sea will have one-tenth of its mass above the surface of water.
• Jog Falls are the highest waterfalls in India.
• Which river is in Lebanon? River Latani
• Highest salinity is found in the Great Salt Lake in USA.
• Niagara Falls was discovered by Louis Hennepin
• Madagascar is popularly known as the Island of Cloves
• Niagara Falls was discovered by Louis Hennepin
• River Darling is in Australia.
• Gateway of Pacific is Panama Canal.
• Panama Canal links Pacific Ocean with Atlantic Ocean.
• Panama Canal was opened in 1914.
• Panama Canal links North America with South America.
• Amazon River crosses Equator twice.
• The Amazon river rises in which country-Peru
• Amazon River is largest river in terms of volume. It is in Brazil. It pours into Atlantic Ocean.
• The longest and largest river in Asia is Yangtze.
• The largest river in China is The Yangtze River.
• The Soan and the Haro are the two rivers of Potohar Plateau.
• Aswan dam is constructed on river Nile.
• World’s largest earth filled dam is Tarbela.
• Voctoria falls are on the border b/w Zimbabwe & South Africa.
• Titicaca is the highest navigable lake in world extending from Peru to Bolivia.
• Lake Baikal is the deepest lake in the world. It is located in Siberia.
• Indus River pours into Arabian Sea.
• After Indus, the longest river is Sutlaj in Pakistan.
• The longest river in South Asia is the Brahmputra.
• Nile River pours its water into Mediterranean Sea.
• Don River pours its water into Sea of Azov.
• Tigris River pours its water into Caspian Sea.
• Lake Mead is a man-made largest lake in the world.
• The largest river in France is Lore
• Most populated lake is Lake Eire.
• Suez Canal is 170 Km long constructed in 1869.
• The Suez Canal was constructed in 1869.
• The Suez Canal link the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea. The Canal was constructed by a French Engineer, Ferdinand De Lesseps.
• The Suez Canal was nationalized by Col. Nasser on 26th July, 1956.
• Mariana trench is the deepest part in the ocean and it lies in Pacific Ocean. It is also called the deepest seafloor depression in the world.
• River Zambezi flows in Southeast Africa.
• Euphrates flows in Syria and Iraq.
• Mesopotamia is the region b/w Tigris & Euphrates.
• Mississippi river flows in USA. Mississippi is longest river of America.
• Missouri river flows in USA
• Hudson River flows in USA.
• Lake Michigan flows in USA.
• Golden River flows in Alaska, Canada.
• In what country are the Painted Lakes- Indonesia
• Name the river that flows through Baghdad- Tigris
• What city has the most canals- Birmingham
• Suez Canal was acquired by Britain in 1875 and nationalized by Egypt in 1956. It remains closed 1967-75 after Arab Israel War.
• Thames River is in England.
• Seine River is in France.
• Hang He river is in China.
• Victoria Lake forms boundary line b/w Tanzania and Uganda.
• Victoria Lake is in Africa.
• Source River Jehlum is Verinag.
• Lake Superior is the largest fresh water lake in the world. It is located in North America (USA-Canada).
• Lake Victoria is located in Kenya-Tanzania and Uganda.
• Great Bear Lake is located in Canada.
• Huron Lake is in USA-Canada.
• In which country would you find Lake Disappointment Australia
• The Amazon river dolphins are what colour- Pink
• Which of the following rivers rises in lake Lan-Ka Tso in Tibet? Sutlej
• Volga river pours its water into Caspian Sea it is longest river of Europe.
• Don is a river of Russia.
• Lake Erie (N.America) is most polluted lake in the world.
• Lake Mead on the Arizona-Nevada is largest man-made lake in USA.
• Baikal Lake is in Siberian desert.
• Palk Bay lies b/w Gulf of Mannar and Bay of Bengal.
• Panama Canal connects Atlantic Ocean with Pacific Ocean.
• 3- Gorges Dam is in .. China
• Indus originates from Tibet near Mansorowar Lake.
• The Victoria Falls in Africa is located on river Zambezi. It is the highest fall of Africa.
• Mt Merapi is located on Java.
• What is the longest river in Australia- Murray-Darling
• Gulf Stream is an ocean current named after the Gulf of Mexico.
• The panch Pokhri Lake situated in the Himalaya Mountains is the highest lake in the world.
• Aswan dam is in Egypt.
• Word Tsunami is of Japanese language.
• Largest coral reef is in Australia.
• Colorado River forms Grand Canyon.
• River Rhine is in Western Europe.
• The Victoria Falls is located in Zimbabwe.
• Highest fall of world Angel Falls is on river Carrao Venezuela.
• Niagara fall is in North America b/w America & Canada.
• Ribbon fall is in North America.
• Silver Strand fall is in North America.
• Grand Canal is located in People’s Republic of china.
• After Australia, Europe is the smallest continent.
• ‘Victoria falls’ is located in Rhodesia.
• Deccan Plateau is in Asia.
• Asia is the largest continent and covers about 1/3 of the world’s total land area.
• Both the highest and lowest points on the earth are found in Asia.
• The lowest point of Asia is Dead Sea which is about 397 meter below sea level.
• Dead sea lying b/w Israel and Jordan.
• Asia Minor is a geographical expression, a part to Turkey.
• The world’s longest river, the Nile is located in Africa.
• Africa is also known as Dark Continent.
• Highest point of South America is Mount Aconcagua (Argentina) and lowest point is Valdes Peninsula (Argentina).
• Highest Point of North America is Mount Mckinley and the lowest point is Death Valley (California, USA).
• Highest point of Africa is Kibo, a peak of Kilimanjaro (Tanzania) and lowest point is Lake Assal (Djibouti).
• Highest point of Europe is Mount El’brus and the lowest point is Caspian Sea.
• Highest point in Antarctica is Vinson Massif.
• Highest point in Australia is Mount Kosciusko (New South Wales) and the lowest point is Lake Eyre (South Australia).
• The lowest point of the North America is the Death Valley located in California.
• Danube River flows in Austria.
• Victoria River is the chief source of River Nile.
• Dardanelles connects black Sea and Mediterranean.
• Black sea is so called because a dense fog prevails there in winter.
• The river Jordan flows out into the Dead sea
• River Mekong flows in Vietnam.
• River Thames flows in Southern England.
• River boat Gondola is used in Italy’s city Venice.
• Hydespes River is now called the Jhelum River.
• The length of Panama Canal is 50072 miles.
• At the equator, the equation of the day is 12 hours.
• Meridan means mid-day.
• Shale is not a metamorphic rock
|Basra||Iraq||Euphrates and Tigris|
|Khartoum||Sudan||Confluence of Blue and white Nile|
|Rotterdam||The Netherlands||New Mass|
|River||Origin||Falls in||Length (Km.)|
|Nile||Victoria lake||Mediterranean Sea||6,650|
|Amazon||Andes (Peru)||Atlantic Ocean||6,428|
|Mississippi Missouri||Itasca lake (USA)||Gulf of Mexico (USA)||6,020|
|Yangtze||Tibetan Kin Plateau||China Sea||5,494|
|Ob||Altai Mts., Russia||Gulf of Ob||5,410|
|Huang Ho||Kunlun Mts.||Gulf of Chibli||4,344|
|Yenisei||Tannu-Ola Mts.||Arctic Ocean||3,804|
|Conga||Lualaba & Luapula rivers||Atlantic Ocean||3,700|
|Niger||Guinea||Gulf of Guinea||4,180|
|Mekong||Tibetan highlands||South China sea||4,180|
|Volga||Voldai Plateau, Russia||Caspian Sea||3,690|
|St. Lawrence||Lake Ontario||Gulf of St. Lawrence||3,058|
|Brahmaputra||Lake Mansarovar||Bay of Bengal||2,900|
|Indus||Near lake Mansarovar||Arabian sea||2,880|