Unit 12: Population Growth and World Food Supplies Simple Easy Questions Answers 10th English
Questions Answers from Text Book Exercise
1. Which areas are most affected by incessant growth in population?
Answer: The developing countries are the most affected areas by incessant growth in population.
2. Why are developing countries going to suffer more due to over population?
Answer: Because population in these countries is increasing greatly and economic condition is also poor.
3. What is the major cause of food shortages and malnutrition?
Answer: The shortage of fertile land and over population are the major causes of food shortages and malnutrition.
4. How are water resources under great stress?
Answer: Due to over population, water resources are under great stress.
5. What is the effect of depletion of fossil energy?
Answer: The effect of depletion of fossil energy is that the fuel prices are rising everywhere.
6. What is the limitation of improved technology?
Answer: The limitation of improved technology is that it cannot produce natural resources.
7. How can sufficient food supply be made possible for the future generation?
Answer: By saving natural resources and controlling over population.
8. What strategies should be adopted for safe future?
Answer: We should protect natural resources and control the fast growing population.
Questions Answers from Lesson
1. What does the word “depleted” mean?
Answer: It means consumed.
2. Do you also face shortage of water in your locality? Why?
Answer: Yes, we are facing shortage of water due to poor water management system.
3. How is fossil energy a finite source?
Answer: Because we cannot increase or produce it.
4. What other word you can use to replace “optimum”?
Answer: It can be replaced by the words like best or prime.