Unit 11: Great Expectations Unit-11 English 10th Answers of Questions
Questions Answers from Text Book Exercise
1. Who looked after Pip after the death of his parents?
Answer: His sister and her husband looked after Pip after the death of his parents.
2. Who was Joe? How did he treat Pip?
Answer: Joe was husband of his sister. He was kind to Pip.
3. Why did Pip give food and drink to the prisoner?
Answer: He gave food and drink to the prisoner as an act of kindness.
4. What happened to the prisoner?
Answer: The prisoner was recaptured by the police.
5. Why did the prisoner support Pip?
Answer: He supported Pip as Pip had helped him.
6. What happened to the prisoners’ wealth after his death?
Answer: After the prisoner’s death, all his wealth was occupied by the government.
7. Do you know a person who achieved success in life through his hard work?
Answer: Yes, I myself have achieved success through hard work. And also I know other such persons.
Questions Answers from Lesson
1. Have you read any novel by Charles Dickens?
Answer: Yes, I have read a novel “A Tale of Two Cities” by Charles Dickens.
2. What kind of boy was Pip?
Answer: Pip was a kind and hardworking boy. He was a lonely orphan.
3. What changed Pip’s life?
Answer: Education changed his life.
4. How did Pip become a successful businessman?
Answer: He became a successful businessman through his hard work and determination.