Unit 10: A World Without Books 10th English Unit-10 Simple Answers of Questions
Questions Answers from Text Book Exercise
1. How does a book connect the reader and the writer?
Answer: A book connects the reader and writer through its pages.
2. In what way books are better than radio, TV and Internet?
Answer: Books are a source of comfort for us and we read them any time at any place.
3. “It’s a slow food in a world given over to fast food” Explain.
Answer: It means books reading is like a slow food that we understand and digest slowly in these days when nobody has time.
4. Why should people be given more opportunity to read books?
Answer: Because books provide people safe shelters, sustenance and roads forward.
5. Which book has inspired you the most? Why?
Answer: The Holy Quran has inspired me the most as It shows us the right path.
Additional Short Questions:
1. Have you ever experienced the same feelings while reading a book?
Answer: Yes, I have often experienced such feelings. Rather, whenever I read, I get involved in the text.
2. Can modern technology take the place of books?
Answer: No, modern technology cannot take the place of books. On screen text is no equal to a printed text.
3. Why does the author use the terms “fast food” and “slow food”?
Answer: The author creates textual beauty by using these terms. Moreover, he contrasts the fast world of technology with the slow world of books.
4. What role does a library play to promote the habit of book readings?
Answer: The libraries promote the habit of reading by offering a variety of books on all topics.