STS Siba Testing Service Sample Paper for Posts of ECT and SELD
SUKKUR IBA TESTING SERVICES
SAMPLE TEST PAPER (FOR THE POST OF ECT, SELD)
PART-I (COMPUTER/I.T RELATED) 10 QUESTIONS
PART-II (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE/I.Q/C.A) 10 QUESTIONS
PART-III (PEDAGOGY/ ASSESSMENT/ EDUCATION) 20 QUESTIONS
PART-IV (SUBJECT RELATED) 60 QUESTIONS
PART-I (COMPUTER/ I.T)
1. What do you mean by Landscape in MS Word?
A. Page layout
B. Page orientation
C. Paper size
D. Page Margin
2. To save a workbook using shortcut keys, press
PART-II (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE/I.Q/C.A)
3. The highest peak of Salt Range is?
A. Everest B. Nanga Parbat
C. Malka Parbat D. Skaser
4. What is the original name of K-2?
A. Mount Everest B. Koh-i-Sufaid C. Godwin Austin D. Killing Mountain
PART-III (PEDAGOGY/ ASSESSMENT/ EDUCATION)
5. Educational evaluation is a process by which a teacher can assess:
B. Performance of teacher
C. Performance of teacher & students
D. Students performance
6. When According to John Dewey, which side of the educational process is the basis?
7. It is the set of courses, and their content, offered at a school, college or university.
8. The three domains of Bloom’s taxonomy are A. Cognitive, Affective and Psychomotor B. Cognitive, Pedagogy and Psychomotor C. Cognitive, Affective and Pedagogy D. Pedagogy, Affective and Psychomotor
PART-IV (SUBJECT RELATED)
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions set below it.
Can we see that the earth is a globe? Yes, we can, when we watch a ship that sails out to sea. If we watch closely, we see the ship begin to disappear. The bottom of the ship disappears first, and then the ship seems to sink lower and lower, until we can only see the top of the ship, and then we see nothing at all. What is hiding the ship from us? It is the earth. Stick a pin most of the way into an orange, and slowly turn the orange away from you. You will see the pin disappear, just as a ship does on the earth.
9. This story is mainly about –
A. the shape of the earth. B. traveling to the New World.
C. sailing ships in the old days. D. the shapes of fruits, such as oranges.
10. The ship in this story –
A. probably sank to the bottom of the ocean. B. was going farther and farther away.
C. was actually a toy. D. was a sailing ship.
11. A globe is shaped like –
A. a box. B. a pyramid.
C. an orange. D. an ice cream cone.
12. Their diet is often grossly unbalanced.
A.Completely B. nearly C. often D. frequently
13. The whole thing is a vicious circle.
A. severe B. very bad C. dangerous D. critical
14. The people must then go hungry.
A. well-kept B. well cared for C. well looked after D. well fed
15. A particular country might be generous.
A. miserly B. moderate C. extravagant D. frugal
USE OF PREPOSITION
16. The committee regrets that it cannot accede ______ your request for a month’s paid leave.
A. for B. to C. in D. with
17. Our college is affiliated ________ the University of Sindh.
A. with B.to C. for D. in
18. George has not completed the assignment yet and Maria hasn’t neither.
A B C D
19. The sun rose before I got up.
A B C D
20. My brother is 3 years elder to me. My father was 28 years of age when my sister was born while my mother was 26 years of age when I was born. If my sister was 4 years of age when my brother was born, then what was the age my father when my brother was born?
A. 35 years
B. 34 years
C. 33 years
D. 32 years
21. The ratio between the length and the breadth of a rectangular park is 3 : 2. If a man cycling along the boundary of the park at the speed of 12 km/hr completes one round in 8 minutes, then what is the area of the park (in sq. m)?
General Science Section (Biology/Physics/Chemistry)
22. What does Angstrom measure?
A. Quantity of liquid
B. Length of light waves
C. Length of cables
D. Speed of ships
23. Light year is related to
24. Wind energy is the __________ energy.
A. Potential B. Transverse C. Kinetic D. Mechanical
25. Which of the following pairs is incorrect?
A. Roentgen: X-ray
B. Newton: Law of gravitation
C. Faraday: Diffusion of gases
D. Pasteur: Bacteriology
26. Who discovered circulation of blood in human body?
A. Edward Jenner
B. Joseph Lister
C. William Harvey
D. Jonon Esals
27. The unit of energy in MKS system is
28. The intensity of an earthquake is measured with a
29. Which of the following has negative temperature coefficient of resistance
A. copper B. iron
C. silicon D. tungsten
30. For an ideal gas force of attraction between molecules is
A. very large B. very small C. infinite D. zero
31. In the present era _______________ Intelligences is considered the most important for educational success.
A. Emotional Intelligences
B. Artificial Intelligences
C. Spatial Intelligences
D. Linguistic Intelligences
32. Expecting young children to memorize facts and figures will:
A. Help them acquire more knowledge.
B. Cripple their capacities to learn.
C. Affect their learning at a later stage in life.
D. Cause hindrances in their learning process in early years.