General Science Multiple Choice Questions with Answers
1. Most expensive element is Platinium.
2. Chemical name of vitamin C is Ascorbic acid.
3. Hydrogen is 14 times lighter than air.
4. Bones in human body are 206.
5. Cosmology is the study of universe.
6.Unit of Force is newton,dyne etc.
7.Universe has been created 13.5 billion years ago.
8.The planet nearest to sun is Mercury
9. Copper is the best conductor of electricity.
10. SI system was introduced in 1960.
11. Blood cells are manufactured by bone marrow of the body.
12.The Kelvin scale of temperature is called the absolute scale.
13. The science of study of old age is called Gerontology.
14. The instrument used for measuring the velocity is called Anemometer.
15. The science which deals with the bird is called Ornithology.
16. In a normal resting man, the rate of heart beat is 72 per minute.
17. The brightest planet is Venus.
18. Ibn Baitar was a renowned Muslim Botanist.
19. Solar eclipse occurs in full moon.
20. Standard pressure is 760 mm-Hg.
21. Kitab-al-Manazar is publication by a famous Muslim Scientist about Optics.
22. Cytology is the branch of biology which deals with the study of structure and function of cells.
23. A branch of medicine studying blood and itsdisorders is called Haematology.
24. A biological study of external form and structure of living organisms or their parts is Morphology.
25.A study of the chemical composition of the earth‘s crust is called Geology.
26. Frequency of audible sound is 20-20,000 Hz.
27. Deficiency of vitamin B causes Beriberi.
28. The chemical generally used in refrigerator is Freon
29. The outer most layer of the earth is called Crust.
30. The memory of the computer is expressed in bytes.
31. AIDS is caused by Human Immuno Deficiency Virus (HIV).
32. Richter scale measures the severity of Earthquake.
33. Cod liver oil contains Vitamin D.
34. Blue colour has shortest wavelength.
35. Light travels fattest in Vacuum.
36. Rickets is caused by the deficiency of vitamin D.
37. Generators convert mechanical energy into electricity.