ETEA Constable Test English Solved MCQS from Past Papers
1. Which of the following is not spelt correctly.
1. Bottle 2. Football 3. Accidentally 4. Accomodate
2. He said, ”i write” .
1.He said that he was writting.
2.He said that he wrote.
3. He said that i wrote.
4. He said that he had written.
3. I invited him ………the dinner.
1. for 2.of 3. to 4.from
4. Look before you ……….
1. Sleep 2. leap 3.clean 4. none of these.
5. Lighting struck the house.
Choose the correct passive voice.
1.The house was struck by lighting.
2.The house has been struck by lighting.
3.The house has struck by lighting.
4.The house had been struck by lighting.
6. Is there ………….. water in the glass.
1. any 2. some 3.more 4. none of these.
7. The correct negative sentence is.
1. he do not swum well.
2. He does not swim well.
3. He does not swum well.
4. He does not swims well.
8. My father said to me ”Honesty is the best policy”.
Choose the correct answer.
1. My father asked to me ”Honesty is the best policy”.
2.My father said to me ”Honesty is the best policy”.
3.My father said to me ”Honesty was the best policy”.
4.My father told me ”Honesty is the best policy”.
9. Select the correct sentence.
1.Whom do you wish to punish?
2.Which do you punish?
3.who do you wish to punish?
4.whose do you wish to punish?
10. Select the correct sentence.
1.Ten dozen pencil was bought.
2.Ten dozen pencils were bought.
3.Ten dozen pencil were bought.
4.Ten dozen pencils was bought.
11. Choose the word with correct spelling.
1.Millenium 2.Milenium 3.Millennium 4.Milliniumm
12. Choose the correct passive voice.
I know you.
1.You is known by me.
2.You are known by me.
3.I am known by you.
4.None of these.
13. We should be loyal……….. our country.
1. of 2. on 3. to 4. for
14.Smoking is not ……… public places.
1. Permit 2. permesive 3. permitted 4. none of these.
15. He is ……. efficient worker of this company.
1. a 2. an 3.the 4 . most
16.Our soldiers are not affraid …….. death.
1. of 2. to 3.the 4 . for
17. Its ten oclock ……. my watch.
1. by 2. to 3.the 4 . for
18. The musculine of baby is.
1. He baby 2. baby 3. bab 4. boy
19. The sun ……… in the west.
1. rises 2. sets 3. sinks 4. drowns
20.The letter ——-to hand yesterday.
1.come 2. came 3. has come