CSS MPT Basic Arithmetic Algebra Geometry Logical Problem Solving Analytical Abilities Mental Abilities Solved MCQS
SECTION – IV
Basic Arithmetic, Algebra & Geometry; Logical Problem Solving &
Analytical Abilities; Mental Abilities (60 Marks)
91. The 40% of 60 is what number?
(A) 12 (B) 24 (C) 16 (D) None of these
92. Choose the answer which best completes the number pattern:
16, 24, _____ ,40,48
(A) 30 (B) 32 (C) 34 (D) 36
93. If a plane flies 612 km per hour, how many kilometers will it travels in13 hours?
(A) 8958 (B) 7956 (C) 7500 (D) None of these
94. 232 people at a party decide to order pizza for a snack. If each pizza has 8 slices, how many
pizzas should they order so that each person can have one slice?
(A) 20 (B) 21 (C) 29 (D) None of these
95. A new coat is regularly priced at $50. It is on sale with a discount of 10%. Approximately
how much would be saved by purchasing the coat at the sale price?
(A) $5.00 (B) $10.00 (C) $15.00 (D) None of these
96. Calculate: (20 + 12)/20:
(A) 1.6 (B) 2.3 (C) 2.8 (D) None of these
97. Which of the following is equivalent to 10*0.00675?
(A) 0.00675 (B) 0.0675 (C) 6.75 (D) None of these
98. Jane answered all 50 questions on a test. If she scored 80% on the test, how many questions
did she get wrong?
(A) 40 (B) 45 (C) 10 (D) None of these
99. Solve: $7.32 is 10% of what amount?
(A) $19.10 (B) $48.42 (C) $73.20 (D) None of these
100. If 5 liters of paint is required to cover 50 m2 of wall area, how many m2 of wall area could
be painted with 10 liters?
(A) 100 (B) 115 (C) 118 (D) None of these
101. Evaluate the Expression: -1(4-5 * 6/2)
(A) 3 (B) 11 (C) -11 (D) 27
102. 75 * 10-2 = ?:
(A) 75 (B) -0.75 (C) 0.75 (D) 7500
103. A worker can complete a task in 24 days. If three more workers join him, in how many
days the same task will be completed:
(A) 4 days (B) 6 days (C) 8 days (D) None of these
104. Cost of three dozen eggs is Rs. 720. What is the cost of 5 eggs?
(A) Rs 100 (B) Rs 150 (C) Rs 90 (D) Rs 120
105. A train travels from point A to B at a speed of 100 Km/hour. How long it will take to travel
25 kilometers in hours.
(A) 0.3 (B) 0.25 (C) 0.5 (D) 0.2
106. A car takes 3 hours to cover a distance of 360 Km. What distance will it cover in 40
(A) 100 Km (B) 75 Km (C) 80 Km (D) None of these
107. The number 8 900 021 in words is:
(A) Eight million, nine thousand, twenty one
(B) Eight million, ninety thousand, twenty one
(C) Eight million, nine hundred thousand, twenty one
(D) None of these
108. What is the value of z in equation z = 7x(y2) when x = 4 and y = 2:
(A) 56 (B) 112 (C) 116 (D) None of these
109. If -4x + 5y is subtracted from 3x + 2y then the answer will be:
(A) 3x + 6y (B) 2x + 5y (C) 7x – 3y (D) x + 3y
110. The answer of addition of 3x and 2y is:
(A) 2x + 3y (B) 3x – 2y (C) (3x)( 8y) (D) 3x + 2y
111. The product of 4 and -3b is:
(A) 12b (B) −12b (C) 3b (D) −3b
112. On evaluating the algebraic expression -3(4s – 2t) – 4(2s + 3t), the answer will be:
(A) − (20s + 6t) (B) −6s + 20t (C) 21s – 7t (D) 23s + 8t
113. The sum of 5x + 3y and 4x – 2y is:
(A) 5x – 8y (B) 9x + y (C) 8x + 4y (D) 6x + 5y
114. If a = 20, b = 35 and c = 5 then (4a + b)⁄c is:
(A) 23 (B) 115 (C) 53 (D) 43
115. If a = 2, b = 4 and c =3 then 2ac[(2b + 3c)-c] is:
(A) 11 (B) 51 (C) 168 (D)12
116. By solving the expression 4[3s – 2(6s – 8)], the answer will be:
(A) 12s -16 (B) 16s – 12 (C) -(36s – 64) (D) 16s + 12
117. By solving the algebraic expression 2(3m -4n +5) -3(2m -3n +4), the answer should be:
(A) m + 2 (B) n – 2 (C) 3m + n – 3 (D) n + 2
118. If x = 5, y = 3 and z = 2 then xz (4y – 2z) is:
(A) 10 (B) 80 (C) 8 (D) 116
119. The algebraic form of the statement “sum of the product of 2a and 2b and product of 12x
and 2y” is:
(A) 4ab + 24xy (B) 24ab + 4xy (C) 4ab + 12x + 2y (D) 2a + 2b +24xy
120. The algebraic expression of word expression “subtract eight times of the number b from
ten times of the number c” is:
(A) 2bc (B) 8b – 10c (C) 8c – 10b (D) 10c -8b
121. In 15y and 160ab, the coefficients are:
(A) ab (B) ab, y (C) 15, 160 (D) None of these
122. Sum of 3a and 5b is written as:
(A) 3a-5b (B) 3a+ (-5b) (C) 3a+5b (D) None of these
123. Simplify the expression: x7y2/ x4y
(A) x3y2(B) x3y (C) xy2(D) x11y3
124. How many sides of a square are equal?
(A) 2 (B) 4 (C) 3 (D) None of these
125. A polygon having 5 sides is called:
(A) Pentagon (B) Hexagon (C) Tetragon (D) Decagon
126. A line going through the midpoint from one side to the other side of a circle is called:
(A) angle (B) area (C) radius (D) diameter
127. Sum of angles of a circle is:
(A) 360° (B) 180° (C) 270° (D) 90°
128. Angles are measured in which unit:
(A) degrees (B) cm (C) km (D) inches
129. 900Angle is known as:
(A) acute angle (B) reflective angle (C) obtuse angle (D) right angle
130. Angles that are greater than 180° and less than 360° are called:
(A) reflex angles (B) obtuse angles (C) acute angles (D) right angles
131. 18, 28, 40, 54, 70, ?
(A) 79 (B) 88 (C) 93 (D) 97
132. 120, 99, 80, 63, 48, 35, ?
(A) 24 (B) 25 (C) 26 (D) 27
133. 24, 28, ?, 52, 84:
(A) 32 (B) 34 (C) 36 (D) 40
134. 4832, 5840, 6848, 7856, ?
(A) 7910 (B) 7915 (C) 8812 (D) 8864
135. 100, 200, 310, 430, ?
(A) 506 (B) 512 (C) 560 (D) 566
136. 54, 44, 36, ?, 26
(A) 28 (B) 29 (C) 30 (D) 31
137. 15, 30, 45, 60, ?
(A) 65 (B) 70 (C) 72 (D) 75
138. 5, 25, ?, 625, 3125
(A) 25 (B) 150 (C) 300 (D) 125
139. 2, 10, 40, 120,?
(A) 120 (B) 180 (C) 220 (D) 240
140. 50, 45, 40, 35, ?, ?
(A) 30, 25 (B) 25, 20 (C) 20, 15 (D) 15, 10
141. A, P, R, X, S and Z are sitting in a row. S and Z are in the center. A and P are at the ends.
R is sitting to the left of A. Who is to the right of P?
(A) A (B) X (C) S (D) Z
Read the following information carefully and then answer the questions (Q.No142 to 145) based on it:
There is a family of six persons P, Q, R, S, T and U. Their professions are Engineer,
Doctor, Teacher, Salesman, Manager and Lawyer.
(i) There are two married couples in the family.
(ii) The Manager is the grandfather of U, who is an Engineer
(iii) R, the Salesman, is married to the lady Teacher
(iv) Q is the mother of U and T.
(v) The Doctor, S is married to the Manager.
142. How many male members are there in the family?
(A) Two (B) Three (C) Data inadequate (D) Four
143. What is the profession of P?
(A) Lawyer (B) Lawyer or Teacher (C) Manager (D) None of these
144. Who are the two married couples in the family?
(A) PQ and SR (B) PS and RQ (C) PT and SR (D) None of these
145. How P is related to T?
(A) Father (B) Grandfather (C) Mother (D) Grandmother
Read the following information carefully and then answer the questions (Q.No146 to 150) based on it:
(i) P, Q, R, S, T and U are six members of a family. Out of six members three are male members.
(ii) There are two married couples among them
(iii) R is the father of P and U, and T is the mother of R
(iv) P is the grand-daughter of Q
146. How is U related to P?
(A) Sister (B) Son (C) Daughter (D) Brother
147. How Q is related to U?
(A) Brother (B) Grandfather (C) Husband (D) None of these
148. Which of the following pairs is one of the married couples?
(A) TU (B) QS (C) TQ (D) None of these
149. Which of the following is a group of male members?
(A) Q, S, T (B) P, U, Q (C) Q, R, U (D) None of these
150. Who is the husband of T?
(A) Q (B) R (C) U (D) None of these
- FPSC MPT Online Schedule Syllabus Eligibility
- FPSC PMT MCQS Test for CSS Syllabus Paper Distribution
- CSS MCQ Based Preliminary Test MPT Islamic Studies MCQS
- CSS MPT Test English Solved MCQS Practice Test
- CSS MPT Test General Knowledge Everyday Science Current Affairs Pakistan Affairs MCQS
- CSS MPT Test Urdu MCQS Sample Past Papers
- CSS MPT Basic Arithmetic Algebra Geometry Logical Problem Solving Analytical Abilities Mental Abilities Solved MCQS