PPSC PMS Combined Competitive Examination Compulsory Optional Subjects Test Syllabus
PMS Compulsory Subjects Syllabus ( 600 Marks )
- English Essay (Subjective) 100 Marks
- English (Precis , Comprehension and Translation) (Subjective) 100 Marks
- Urdu (Essay, Precis, Comprehension and Translation) (Subjective) 100 Marks
- Islamic Studies /Ethics (For- Non Muslims Candidates) (Combination of both Subjective & Objective) 100 Marks
- Pakistan Studies (Combination of both Subjective & Objective)100 Marks
- General Knowledge (Objective) 100 Marks
Psychological Test and Interview/Viva Voce: 200 Marks
i) Negative Marking will be done and 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in the Objective (MCQ) paper of General Knowledge.
ii) Non-Muslim candidates have the option either to attempt paper on Islamic Studies or “Ethics” (Combination of both Subjective & Objective).
iii) All the candidates shall take all the compulsory subjects.
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS 3-Papers (Total 600 Marks)
ALL THE CANDIDATES SHALL TAKE THREE OF THE OPTIONAL SUBJECTS. (NOT MORE THAN ONE FROM EACH GROUP)
GROUP “A” GROUP “B” GROUP “C” GROUP “D” GROUP “E” GROUP “F” GROUP “G”
Group A: Commerce, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration
Group B: Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Botany, Zoology
Group C: Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Principle of Engineering
Group D: Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Geography
Group E: Political Science, History, Law, Mass Communication
Group F: Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work
Group G: English Literature, Urdu, Arabic, Education, Persian, Punjabi
NOTE: The minimum standard for the question papers will be of Graduate Level.
A CANDIDATE SHALL HAVE TO OBTAIN 40% MARKS IN EACH PAPER AND 50% MARKS IN THE AGGREGATE I.E. 600 MARKS TO QUALIFY FOR INTERVIEW. THEREAFTER, A CANDIDATE SHALL
ALSO SECURE 50% MARKS IN THE INTERVIEW TO BE HELD ELIGIBLE FOR FINAL MERIT LIST OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES.