FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, ISLAMABAD
RULES REGARDING COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF CIVIL JUDGE JUDICIAL MAGISTRATE (BPS-18) IN GILGIT-BALTISTAN JUDICIARY
FPSC Gilgat Baltistan Civil Judges Magistrates Competitive Examination Written Test Syllabus Rules Qualification Age
(ii) The Competitive Examination shall comprise of two components:
(a) Written Examination = 400 Marks
(b) Viva Voce = 200 Marks
(iii) The Examination shall be held simultaneously at Islamabad, Gilgit and Karachi.
(iv) Place for Viva Voce.―Viva Voce shall be held only at FPSC HQs,
(1) The medium of the Examination shall be English or Urdu.
(2) The Examination shall be passed by a candidate as a whole and not in parts.
(3) The written examination shall include the following papers. Each paper shall be of 100 marks and 03 hours duration:-
1. Civil Law
(i) Civil Procedure Code.
(ii) Court Fee-Act (with Bare Acts)
(iii) West Pakistan Civil Court Ordinance 1962
2. Criminal Law
(i) Code of Criminal Procedure (with Bare Acts)
(ii) Pakistan Penal Code
(iii) Qanoon-e-Shahadat Order 1984
3. Islamic Law
(i) Islamic Jurisprudence
(ii) Mohammadan Law (Fiqa Hanfi and Fiqa Jaffaria)
4. Major Acts
(i) The Gilgit-Baltistan Pre-emption Act 2010.
(ii) Suits Valuation Act. (iii) Contract Act
(iv) Limitation Act. (v) Arbitration Act
(4) For whatsoever reasons, a candidate who misses any papers of written examination for medical or any other reasons shall not be allowed to appear in the remaining papers.
(5) If a candidate misses a paper for any reason, separate examination in that paper shall not be arranged for him/her.
(6) The object of the examination is to test the ability of the candidates in practical application of law rather than the range of their theoretical knowledge. For this purpose, that type of
questions will be asked.
(7) Will be to state facts of a typical case and ask the candidates to frame issues, to write a judgment and to discuss the admissibility of evidence. (8) Credit will be given for the use of legal phraseology