Office of The Inspector General of Police Gilgit-Baltistan, Gilgit
(Screening Test for the Post of Assistant Sub Inspector (BPS-09)
OFFICE OF THE
INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE
To ensure transparency, fairness and merit, Gilgit-Baltistan Police has assigned the responsibility of conducting recruitment process for Assistant Sub Inspectors (Physical and written tests) to National Testing Service (NTS). The applications are invited from suitable candidates domiciled Gilgit-Baltistan (male, female and minorities) to fill these vacant posts in GB Police according to the following criteria:-
ASI (BPS-9) 22 seats
General + Women 10%
20 +2 = 22
Total Closing date 16 January, 2016
Educational qualification, physical requirement and experience.
Education: F.A /FSc or equivalent
Age : 18 to 25 years
i. Minimum height for male candidates 5.6 inches.
ii. Chest size for only male candidates minimum normal 33×34.5 inch.
iii. Minimum height for female candidates 5.2 inch
iv. Male candidates have to complete 01 mile running in 07 minutes and female candidates 10 minutes.
As per the advertisement 100%
Verbal reasoning 25%
Analytical reasoning/IQ 25%
General Science 5%
Pakistan Studies 5%
Who is who what is what 5%
Candidates Applying for the posts shall submit attested copies of the following
documents and bring original at the time of interview with attested set as well;
i. Academic certificates
ii. CNIC issued by NADRA
iii. Domicile certificate
iv. 02 passport sized photographs with blue background
Government employees up to the age of 25 years fulfilling the criteria shall apply though proper channel.
1. All eligible candidates have to appear in written test on above criteria, as well as physical
tests mentioned above.
2. Candidates at first will have to undergo the two steps respectively i.e. written test,
physical tests, and a candidate not failing in merit in any step will not be qualified for the
3. Physical test will include measurement of height/ chest, running speed and stamina.
Candidates are advised to wear joggers or suitable shoes and bring their own bottle of
4. Any candidate who shall fail in physical test would not be checked for written test.
5. At the time of final selection, candidates will have to go through complete medical
examination by the Medial Board, Civil Surgeon of the GB Government, during medical
examination, candidates who have eyes sight less then 6×6 will be disqualified for
service, moreover, the candidates having hepatitis B & C and perpetual ailments will also
6. Verification of character and academic antecedents of selected candidates will be
conducted in case of any bogus/ false information and in case of criminal record selection
shall stand withdrawn/ cancelled immediately.
7. Selected candidates shall be bound to accept rules/regulations governing the conduct, discipline, promotion, retirement and other ancillary matters as and when framed by the Government through legislation.
8. Original documents shall be verified as per the information provided in application form.
If any information found false/incorrect at any stage, the applicant’s candidature will be
cancelled with immediate effect and shall be dismissed from service (if so found after
employment), and legal proceedings will also be initiated against him/her.
9. Selected candidates shall not challenge new Rules/Regulations/Standing Orders framed
by the Competent Authority, in any court of law.
10. Government employees, who meet the eligibility criteria, may apply through proper channel.
11. Relevant rules of age relations should be applicable.
12. No TA/DA shall be admissible for coming for tests/interview.
How to apply
Please download the application form and the deposit slip from the NTS website:www.NTS.org.pk, pay the prescribed test fee in any of the country wide online branches of ABL, UBL,HBL or MCB, and fill-up the application form properly.
Please send the filled up application forms, alongwith the original paid up copy of the deposit slip to: NTS HQs, I.E, Sector I-8/2-Islambad before the closing date.
Incomplete application forms, received after closing date, without paid copy of deposit slip, and submitted by hand will not be entertained.
NTS shall dispatch Roll No. Slip (RNS) to eligible candidates for the written/physicals tests intimating test date, time, venue etc. however, for any next stage venue and timings shall be published on NTS website as well as conveyed through text messages on registered mobile numbers and letters will not be send.
Schedule and venue of tests shall also be posted on all Police Station of GB.
Please don’t attach educational certificates with the application forms at this stage
Test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
For further information, please visit www. NTS.org.pk or call 051- 844-4441.
NATIONAL TESTING SERVICE-PAKISTAN
Headquarters: I.E Street No 46, I.8/2 Islamabad