BS Physics Entry Test MCQS Past Papers in pdf download and online practice physics mcqs with answers
1. One femto is equal to:
(A) 10 atto (B) 100 atto
(C) 1000 atto (D) 10000 atto
2. Two vectors are of magnitude 50 and 31, their resultant might be?
(A) 82 (B) 15
(C) 78 (D) 91
3. Which one of the following is not a vector quantity?
(A) Kinetic energy (B) Momentum
(C) Acceleration (D) Force
4. A car travels a distance of 350 miles in 5.0 hours. Find its average speed:
(A) 10 miles/hr (B) 70 miles/hr
(C) 50 miles/hr (D) 60 miles/hr
5. What is the unit of Power?
(A) Watt (B) kilo watt hour
(C) Newton (D) Joules
6. What is the kinetic energy at the extreme position during SHM?
(A) Zero (B) Maximum
(C) Minimum (D) Constant
7. Which of the following can’t be used as a dielectric in a capacitor?
(A) Air (B) Wax
(C) Iron (D) Mica
8. Three resistors of 7 ohm, 5 ohm and 8 ohm are connected in series. The Current flow will be maximum through:
(A) 5 ohm (B) 7ohm
(D) 8ohm (D) Will be same through all resistors
9. The power dissipated in a resistor is 12.8 watts when 4A current is passed. How much
power will be dissipated if 6A current is passed through the same resistor?
(A) 16 watts (B) 24 watts
(C) 28.8 watts (D) 32.6 watts
10. An instrument which measure potential difference without drawing current?
(A) Potentiometer (B) 24 watts
(C) Galvanometer (D) Voltmeter
11. Ammeter is a galvanometer with:
(A) High resistance in series (B) High resistance in parallel
(C) Low resistance in series (D) Low resistance in parallel
12. Electric Generators work on the principle of:
(A) Coulomb’s law (B) Newton’s law of gravitation
(C) Ampere’s law (D) Electromagnetic Induction
13. A transformer has 100 turns on the input side and 500 turns on the output side. If the rms
value of the input voltage and current are 220 V and 2 A respectively, then the output
power is about:
(A) 480 watt (B) 220 watt
(C) 440 watt (D) 110 watt
14. Power factor of pure capacitive circuit is?
(A) -1 (B) 0
(C) +1 (D) 0.5
15, The frequency of AC used in Pakistan is:
(A) 30 Hz (B) 50 Hz
(C) 90 Hz (D) 180 Hz
16. Materials in which there is a very narrow gap between the conduction and valence energy band are called:
(A) Semiconductors (B) Superconductor
(C) Conductor (D) Insulator
21. A transistor cannot be used as a:
(A) Switch (B) Amplifier
(C) Power source (D) Invertor
17. When a metal surface is exposed to light it may emit electrons. The maximum energy of these electrons depends on:
(A) Intensity of light (B) Area of metal surface
(C) Wavelength of light (D) speed of light
18. Which of the following has greater speed in space?
(A) Gamma rays (B) Light
(C) Radio waves (D) All have same speed