BS Microbiology Solved MCQS Past Papers for entrance test download in pdf online
1. A group of living organisms of the same species located in the same place at the same time is ___________________.
(A) Biosphere (B) Population
(C) Biome (D) Community
2. The tentative explanation of observation is ___________________.
(A) Hypothesis (B) Theory
(C) Law (D) Deduction
3. The percentage of ribosomal RNA in the cell is _______________.
(A) 20% (B) 50%
(C) 80% (D) 04%
4. The most abundant organic compound in mammalian cell is ________________.
(A) Carbohydrates (B) Water
(C) Proteins (D) Lipids
5. The detachable cofactor of an enzyme is known as?
(A) Coenzyme (B) Prosthetic group
(C) Activator (D) Apoenzyme
6. According to Fischer’s Lock and Key model, the active site is?
(A) Flexible structure (B) Soft structure
(C) Attractive structure (D) Rigid structure
7. The mitochondria functions in?
(A) Photosynthesis (B) Cellular respiration
(C) Electrolysis (D) Lipid storage
8. Cell wall of a prokaryotic cell is equipped with a unique molecule?
(A) Silica (B) Murein
(C) Wax (D) Chitin
9. Tay-Sachs disease results due to accumulation of _________________ in brain cells.
(A) Lipids (B) Glucose
(C) Proteins (D) Mg +2 ions
10. Cell wall is absent in ?
(A) Mycoplasma (B) Vibrio
(C) E.coli (D) Spirochete
11. Asexual reproduction in bacteria occurs by?
(A) Conjugation (B) Transduction
(C) Binary fission (D) Transfromation
12. ______________ is the largest group of fungi.
(A) Ascomycota (B) Basidiomycota
(C) Deuteromycota (D) Zygomycota
13. Antibiotic obtained from a soil fungus and used in organ transplantation for preventing transplant rejection is?
(A) Cyclosporine (B) Penicillin
(C) Lovastatin (D) Ergotin
14. Which are not omnivores?
(A) Pigs (B) Dear
(C) Bears (D) Crows
15. The carbohydrate digesting enzyme in pancreatic juice is?
(A) Amylase (B) Lipase
(C) Erypsin (D) Trypsin
16. Discharge of egg from the ovary is called?
(A) Spermatogenesis (B) Oogenesis
(C) Gametogenesis (D) Ovulation
17. The simplest form of learning is?
(A) Insight learning (B) Habituation
(C) Imprinting (D) Latent learning
18. The disease which causes immobility and fusion of vertebral joints is called?
(A) Sciatica (B) Arthritis
(C) Spondylosis (D) Disc slip
19. The particular array of chromosomes that an individual possess is called its?
(A) Phenotype (B) Epistasis
(C) Karyotype (D) Genotype
20. A chromosome with equal length of its arms is?
(A) Acrocentric (B) Metacentric
(C) Telocentric (D) Sub metacentric
Answers: B, A, C, C, C, D, B, B, A, A
C, A, A, B, A, D, B, C, C, B