American History Trivia Questions and Answers Practice Test Multiple Choice Questions. American History Trivia Mock Test free.
(1) America was named after:
Answer: Amerigo Vespucci
(2) How many British Colonies declared independence from England in 1776 to form the United States?
(3) The Boston Tea Incident took place in:
(4) California was settled most rapidly after _____________ was discovered in 1848:
(5) With which country U.S.A. signed the Rush-Bagot Treaty?
(6) Who succeeded President Abraham Lincoln?
Answer: Andrew Johnson
(7) Alaska was purchased from Russia in:
(8) Susan B. Anthony was an outspoken advocate of:
Answer: Women’s rights
(9) Ku Klux Klan was organized in the state of:
(10) Who were carpetbaggers?
Answer: Carpetbaggers were Northern businessmen who arrived in the South in the early days of Reconstruction (1865–77) period after the Civil War in the United States.
(11) The number of members of American Senate is:
(12) Who was Henry A. Kissinger?
Answer: Henry Alfred Kissinger was the 56th Secretary of State of the United States from 1973 to 1977.
(13) The Camp David is located in:
(14) Which American President received the Nobel Prize for peace in 1906?
Answer: Theodore Roosevelt
(15) Richard Nixon made a trip to Beijing in:
(16) Who was the President of U.S.A. when Russia invaded Afghanistan in 1979- 1980?
Answer: Jimmy Carter
(17) What does NASA stand for?
Answer: The correct answer is National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
(18) Which year TVA was established?
(19) To which political party did President Woodrow Wilson belong?
(20) Who wrote “Encyclopedia of American History”?
Answer: Morris, Richard and Commager