Punjab Public Service Commission Lahore Combined Competitive Examination PMS Arabic Syllabus Updated on 23-03-2022
Total Marks: 100
HISTORY OF ARABIC LITERATURE
A: The Pre-Islamic Arabic Literature and its salient features.
B: Al-Quran and its influence on Arabic Literature.
C: Literary movements, Classical Background, Socio-cultural influences and modern trends in Abbasid period and its literary history.
D: Contribution of The Arabs in the fields of science Philosophy and linguistics with critical study of the works of Immam Ghazali, Ibn-e-Rashique, Ibn-e-Qutaiba, Al-Jahiz, Ibn-e-Jinay and Khalil Bin Ahmed.
E: Literary movements in Undlus period.
F: Origin of modern literary style and its development, including Drama novel, short story and essay, special emphasis on the literature of Al-Mahjer and its out-standing representatives: Fouzi Almaloof, Jabran Khalil Jabran, Mikhail Nuaima and Ilia Abu Medh.
G: A short introduction to Indo-Pak Arabic Literature in the fields of prose and poetry and extension study of the works of Ghulam Ali Azad Bilgrami and Shah Wali Ullah.
A: To explain the meaning of Rhetoric ad its Literary aspects and differentiate them.
B: 1. Al-Tashbee 2. Al-Istiarah 3. Al haqiqah Wal-majaz 4. Al-Kinayah.
A: Arabic Grammar (Mufrad, Musana, Jamaal Murab Wal Madni, Marifah, Nakrah, Marfooat, Mansoobat, Majroorat).
B: A detailed study of history of Arabic Language and its characteristics.
C: Information about the Arab Scholars in the development of various sciences of Arabic Language.
A: To explain the meaning of criticisms and literature criticism.
B: To give through study of history of criticism in various periods of Pre-Islamic and Islamic history.
1. Maullqat complete
2. (a) hassan Bin Sabbit: The following two Qasaid from his Daiwan: No. 1 “Ma Balu Aineka” No.2”Lillahi Damu Kaaba”
3. Kaab-Ibn Zuhair and his Qaisaida: “Banat Suaad”.
4. Khansa and her Qaisidatah “Wa Inna Sakhran Lawalina”
5. Al-Mutanabbi, (his first 5 Qasaid) from Diwan al Mutahli Abu-Tmam, (Bab-Alhimasah)
6. Abu-Tmam, (Bab-Alhimasah)
7. Ahmed Shoque and his poetry Al-Hamziah-il-Annbwiah
1. Qus-Bin, Saida Alayadi and his Khutban Tareekh-ul-Adab Arabi. Ahmed Hassan Nayat. Page. 30
2. Khutbah Hijjat ul Widda. Al iqd-ul-Fareed.
3. Al-jahiz, “Khutbah Abi Bakr, Khutbah Ali” (Albiyan wal tabyeen)
4. Mahmood Taimoor his novel Anal-Qatil
5. Dr. Taha Hussain, Alwad al haq (Ammar bin Yasir)
6. Dr. Saleem Tariq Khan, Al-Lugha Al-Arbia (I.U.B). B.A
7. Dr. Khaliq Dad Malik, Al-Insha wal Muhadsa. Download PMS Arabic Past Papers