NTS Sample Model Papers for the Post of SSE Arts
SAMPLE PAPER SSE ARTS
Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to D) below each.
1. We must adjust ourselves ____ the changing circumstances.
F our options (A to D) follow a related pair of words given in capitals. Select the option that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
2. TERRESTRIAL: LAND::
A. vegetarian: plants
B. nocturnal: day
C. arid: desert
D. aquatic: water
Choose the option or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters.
Change the voice of the following. (Active & passive voice)
4. I did not break the fast.
A. The fast has not been broken by me.
B. The fast will not be broken by me.
C. The fast was not broken by me.
D. The fast is not broken by me.
Change the narration of the following (Direct & indirect speech)
5. Ali says, “I have accomplished my mission.”
A. Ali says that I have accomplished my mission.
B. Ali says that he has accomplished his mission.
C. Ali says that he had accomplished his mission.
D. Ali says that I had accomplished my mission.
Choose the word most similar in meaning to the capitalized ones.
Read the passage to ans wer questions 7-8 The recent rapid growth of industry has, in some cases, been so excessive that too much manufacturing capacity has been developed in some fields of production, which forces companies to sell their surplus products in world markets at prices lower than normal. This will make it almost impossible to develop local industries producing the same items because consumers will prefer to buy the cheaper imported product.
7. The word „This‟ refers most closely and directly to:
A. Development of local industries
B. The recent rapid growth of industry
C. Selling products of excessively higher prices
D. Companies manufacturing surplus products
E. Companies selling their production at cheaper prices
8. Which of the following is/are most likely to hamper the development of local industries?
I. Availability of imported product at cheaper rates
II. Consumer‟s tendency to refrain from using imported products
III. Excessive production capacity and low production cost
A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II only
E. I and III only
9. All of the following are important languages of Pakistan except:
10. “Hinduism and Islam are not merely two religions but they are two separate social systems. It would be a dream to think that Hindus and Muslims will form a common nation”. Who said this?
A. Allama Iqbal
B. Muhammad Ali Johar
D. Ayub Khan
E. Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
11. Quran Majeed kitny arsy mein nazil hua
A. 10 sal
B. 20 Sal
C. 23 Sal
D. 25 Sal
12. Sb cy afzal jehad hai
A. Kufar k khilaf
B. Nafs k khilaf
C. Deen K liy
D. Dost k liy
13. In Windows operating system the ________ is the main screen area that one sees after he turn on a computer and log on to Windows.
14. Which type of website on the internet will assist you in finding specific information you require?
A. News Portal
B. Web Portal
C. Search Engine
15. Which of the following shortcut key is used to check spellings in
16. What is the function of Merge in MS Excel?
A. It shows boarder lines of cells
B. It increases the size of a cell
C. It decreases the size of a cell
D. It shows bold values in a cell
E. It joins cells together
17. The Extension of Power Point file is:
CURRENT AFFAIRS / GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
18. Who has not been a Prime Minister of Pakistan?
A. Liaquat Ali Khan
B. Ayub Khan
C. Benazir Bhutto
D. Nawaz Sharif
19. Continent Africa is also known as:
A. The Fair Continent
B. The Dark Continent
C. The Red Continent
D. All of the above
20. Who is the Chief Minister of Punjab province?
A. Shahbaz Shareef
B. Aslam Raissani
C. Qaim Ali Shah
D. Pervaiz Khatak
21. Which of the following countries hit by Mother of All Bombs (MOAB) in
D. North Korea
22. is drakht pr bulbul ———basera tha
23. Akhbar ka wahid kia hai