CFA Biomedical Electronics Technologists Jobs Duties
Biomedical Electronics Technologists provide technical maintenance and repair support for medical and dental equipment used in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). As a member of the Health Services team, they use electronic instrumentation and workshop tools to ensure the accurate performance of medical devices.
The primary responsibility of the Biomedical Electronics Technologist is to maintain medical equipment according to the specifications of both the Canadian Standards Association and the manufacturer. This includes a variety of medical devices, such as:
- Operating room monitors and devices
- Intensive care unit monitors and devices
- Emergency room monitors and devices
- Medical laboratory equipment
- Diagnostic imaging equipment