Solved MCQs Questions with Answers for Preparation of US History Bee Quiz Competition
(1) America was named after:
(a) Christopher Columbus
(b) Amerigo Vespucci
(c) Ferdinand Magellan
(2) How many British Colonies declared independence from England in 1776 to form the United States?
(3)The Boston Tea Incident took place in:
(4) California was settled most rapidly after_____________ was discovered in 1848:
(c) natural gas
(5)With which country U.S.A. signed the rush-Bagot Treaty?
(6) who succeeded president Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant
(b) Martin Van Buren
(c) Andrew Johnson
(7) Alaska was purchased from Russia in:
(8) Susan B. Anthony was an outspoken advocate of:
(a) Women’s rights
(b) Anti Slavery Movement
(9) Ku Klux Klan was organized in the state of:
(a) New Jersey
(10) Who were carpetbaggers?
Ans: Carpetbaggers were Northern businessmen who arrived in the South in the early days of Reconstruction (1865–77) period after the Civil War in the United States.
(11) The number of members of American Senate is:
(12) Who was Henry A. Kissinger?
Ans: Henry Alfred Kissinger was the 56th Secretary of State of the United States from 1973 to 1977.
(13)The Camp David is located in:
(14) Which American President received the Nobel Prize for peace in 1906?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) Harry S. Truman
(c) Theodore Roosevelt
(15) Richard Nixon made a trip to Beijing in:
(16) Who was the President of U.S.A. when Russia invaded Afghanistan in early 1980?
(a) Jimmy Carter
(b) Herbert C. Hoover
(c) Ronald Reagan
(17) What does NASA stand for?
Ans: National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
(18) Which year TVA was established?
(19) To which political party did President Woodrow Wilson belong?
(20) Who wrote “Encyclopedia of American History”?
(a) Morris, Richard and Commager
(b) Rubin, Barry
(c) Siring, Lawrence.