1. The river Danube rises in which country?
2. Which US state has the sugar maple as its state tree and is the leading US producer of maple sugar?
3. Which country is nicknamed ‘The Cockpit of Europe’ because of the number of battles throughout history fought on its soil?
4. What is the capital of Libya?
5. Apart from French, German and Romansch, what is the fourth official language of the Switzerland?
6. Which country is the world’s largest producer of coffee?
7. In which city was the world’s first underground train was service opened in 1863?
8. How many pairs of ribs are there in the human body?
9. Which country is separated form Ethiopia by the Red Sea?
10. What is the main port of Italy?
11. Mount Logan is the highest peak in which country?
12. In which state is Harvard University?
13. Which is larger: Norway or Finland?
14. Which city was the first capital of the Kingdom of Italy until 1865?
15. What is measured by an ammeter?
16. What is a rhinoceros horn made of?
17. Which three countries, apart from the former Yugoslavia, share borders with Greece?
Albania, Bulgaria, Turkey.
18. The Palk Strait separates which two countries?
India and Sri Lanka.
19. Ga is the symbol for which element?
20. In the Greek alphabet, what is the name for the letter O?
21. What, in the 16th and 17th century, was a pavana?
22. A nephron is the functional unit of which organ in the human body?
23. In which country is the ancient city of Tarsus?
24. The Khyber Pass links which two countries?
Afghanistan and Pakistan.
25. Name the six US states that comprise New England.
Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts.
26. Which musical instrument is played by both exhaling and inhaling?
Harmonica (or mouth organ).
27. The northern part of which country is called Oesling?
28. Napier is a city in which country?
29. What is the Hook of Holland?
A port in the southeast Netherlands,
30. The river Douro forms part of the border between which two countries?
Spain and Portugal.
31. In which country is the Great Slave Lake?
32. Which six countries border the Black Sea?
Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Russia, Turkey and Ukraine.
33. Kathmandu is the capital of which country?
34. What name is given to a mixture of bicarbonate of soda and tartaric acid used in cooking?
35. AOL are an internet service provider. What does AOL stand for?
36. Who discovered penicillin?
37. Which English queen had an extra finger on her hand?
38. Which precious metal has the symbol Pt?
39. The Gobi desert extends over which two countries?
China and Mongolia.
40. Apart from America, which is the only country in the world to which alligators are native?
41. Which are the highest types of clouds: stratocumulus or cirrus?
42. Which ancient measure of length was based on the length of the arm from fingertip to elbow?
43. After World War I, Transylvania became part of which country?
44. Which sea in Northern Europe is bounded by several countries including Sweden, Finland, Poland and Germany?
45. A road tunnel runs from Pelerins in France to Entreves in Italy under which mountain?
46. The Barents Sea is part of which ocean?
47. Which two countries are either side of the mouth of the River Plate?
Argentina and Uruguay.
48. Quicklime is an alkaline powder obtained by strongly heating which other material?
49. What is the longest river solely in England?
50. The Great Barrier Reef is off coast of which Australian state?
Visit General Knowledge MCQs Practice Tests Page
NTS PPSC FPSC General Knowledge MCQs Past Papers General Knowledge MCQs Test 2017, General Knowledge Questions Answers, General Knowledge for Competitive Some Related Posts
1) Which of the following rivers crosses the equator twice? b) Congo 2) Which is the longest river of America? b) Mississippi 3) Don Some Related Posts