1. Lorentz force is the sum of:
a) Gravitational and centripetal force
B) ELECTRIC AND MAGNETIC FORCE
c) Magnetic and nuclear force
d) Electrical and nuclear force
2. The areas under the hysteresis loop is proportional to
a) Magnetic energy density
b) Thermal energy per unit volume
C) ELECTRIC ENERGY PER UNIT VOLUME
d) Mechanical energy per unit volume
3. The frequency of A.C is measured using:
a) Multimeter b) avometer c) TACHOMETER d) speedometer
4. Del. E = rho/epsilon not is called
a) GAUSS’S LAW b) faraday’s law c) ampere’s law d) biot savart’s law
5. For computation of the rate at which the dipole radiates energy, the interaction of the normal component of __________ is done over sphere of radius R.
a) ELECTRIC FIELD b) pointing vector c) addition vector d) radiation
6. Semiconductor materials have _____ bonds.
a) Ionic b) COVALENT c) mutual d) metallic
7. The depletion region of a pn junction is formed:
a) During the manufacturing process
B) WHEN FORWARD BIAS IS APPLIED TO IT
c) Under reverse bias
d) When its temperature is reduced
8. The current amplification factor DC is given by:
A) IC/IE b) Ic/Ib c)Ib/Ie d) Ib/Ic
9. In amplitude modulation
a) Carrier frequency is changed
B) CARRIER AMPLITUDE IS CHANGED
c) Three sidebands are produced
d) Fidelity is improved
a) Is performed at the transmitting station
b) Removes side bands
c) Rectifies modulation signal
d) IS OPPOSITE OF MODULATION
11. Which of the following x-ray lines will have the largest frequency in a given element
a) K alpha b) K BETA c) L gamma d) it depends on the element
12. Which of these statements is a consequence of planck’s derivation of a radiation law?
a) Atomic oscillator can emit and absorb energy at discrete values only
b) ATOMIC OSCILLATOR CAN EMIT AND ABSORB ENERGY AT DISCRETE FREQUENCIES ONLY
c) Both A & B
d) None of these
13. The Zeeman effect without the spin of the electron is called_____ Zeeman effect
a) ANOMALOUS b) normal c) paschen d) None of these
14. Zero point energy of harmonic oscillator is
a) hw b) HW/2 c) zero d)hw2
15. According to pauli exclusion principle for two identical ferminions the total __ is antisymmetric
a) Matrix b) WAVE FUNCTION c) operator d) tensor
16. The decay rate of a radioactivity is measured in units of
a) CURIES b) roentgens c) rads d) rems
17. Why are the fission fragments usually radioactive?
a) They come originally from radioactive U235
b) They have a large neutron excess
c) THEY HAVE A LARGE BINDING ENERGY PER NUCLEON
d) They are moving at high speed
18. In a nuclear reactor, the function of the moderator is
a) To absorb neutrons
b) To keep the reactor from going critical
c) TO SLOW DOWN THE NEUTRONS
d) To absorb heat from the core
19. What is the main difficulty associated with the fusion process as a source of electrical power
a) The scarcity of fuel
b) THE COULOMB BARRIER
c) The radioactivity of the products
d) The danger of an explosion
20. Binding energy of a deuteron is
A) 2.22 MEV b) 2.8Mev c) 2.3Mev d)none of these
(i) Which of the following substituent deactivates benzene ring and is o, p-directing?
(a) __ NH2
(b) __ Cl
(c) __ OCH3
(d) __ OH
(ii) Which of the following is most readily nitrated?
(d) Benzoic Acid
(iii) Ketones can be prepared by reaction of Grignard reagent with:
(a) Acid Amides
(b) Acid Chloride
(c ) Carboxylic Acid
(iv) Which of the following statements about the order of reaction is true?
(a) The order of a reaction can only be determined by experiment.
(b) A second order reaction is also bimolecular
(c) The order of reaction must be a positive integer
(d) The order of reaction increases with increasing temperature.
(v) Polysaccharides yield many monosaccharides on:
(vi) Which of the following is not aromatic?
(vii) Which of the following is most basic?
(c) CH3 NH2
(viii) Which of the following has lowest pH?
(d) Cl3C COOH
(ix) The equilibrium of two readily interconvertible isomers is called:
(x) Which of the following compounds exhibit geometrical isomerism?
(c) 2-methyl –2-Pentene
(d) 2-methyl –2-Butene
(xi) Which of the following gives a tertiary alcohol when treated with Grignard reagent:
(xii) Which of the following tests is not used to identify aldehydes?
(a) Tollen’s test
(b) Benedict solution test
(c) Fehling solution test
(d) Ammonia test
(xiii) Which is incorrect about alkaloids?
(a) Naturally Occuring
(b) Possess a hetrocyclic ring
(c) Exhibit biological action
(d) acidic in nature
(xiv) Which of the followings will not give iodoform test:
(xv) The reaction of aniline with bromine water gives:
(xvi) The reaction of tripalmitin, with sodium hydroxide is called:
(xvii) Which one is not Petrochemical?
(b) Mineral Oil
(d) Table Salt
(xviii) Chemical adsorption:
(a) is exothermic
(b) is irreversible
(c) takes place at high temp.
(d) All of these
(xix) The most commonly used absorbent for chromatographic separation of organic compound is:
(a) Activated charcoal
(b) Fuller’s Earth
(d) Silica gel
(xx) Grignard reagent is:
(a) Organo Zinc halide
(b) Organo cadmium bromide
(c) n-Butyl Lithium
(d) Organo Magnesium halide
European History General Knowledge Multiple Choice Questions MCQS Practice Test (1) The congress of Verona was summoned in: (a) 1842 (b) 1862 (c) 1822 (d) Some Related Posts
(1) The battle of Bull Run was fought in: (a) The American War of Independence (b) The American Civil War (c) The US-Spanish Some Related Posts